🤖 at LPI Paris
LPI is equipped with one OT2 in the main BSL1 lab space. The robot also a computer next to it for controlling it. However, you may connect to it with your laptop instead. Here as some tips for printing at LPI:
- Strains are in the -80C, in the third freezer. The rack and box they are in should be documented on the log there.
- The main colors are Pink, Blue, Teal, Peach, and Fluorescent Yellow. The respective cryo tubes are labeled Pi, B, T, Pe, and Fl. These all grow on LB agar with Chloramphenicol.
- There are additional colors, in the box labeled “Experimental Strains”. These are mostly streptomyces strains from the Science à La Pelle project. There are also a number of other strains there, the details of which can be found here. You should only use these once you feel like you know what you’re doing.
- There should be at least 9 adapters for 90mm plates on the robot, as well as two for 120mm square plates near the robot.
- You will have to locate the SPIRO and determine its current IP address. If you have trouble connecting to it, despite following the documentation, you might need to connect to the “PRO” network or plug in via ethernet. The easiest way to do this is to use the OT2 computer, since it is plugged in via ethernet. If you still have trouble connecting, contact IT.